Wednesday, August 22, 2012

8/18/2012 - A light MAC makeover before work

     After taking the light rail to the very last station, I decided to check out the nearby Nordstrom upstairs. I mean, the only bus that takes me uptown wouldn't be around for at least 20 mins, so why not? Option A. wait around bored like I did on the first day when I was such a noob I didn't even realize that there WAS a shopping center just above me, or Option B. go upstairs and enjoy myself a little before work. Option B, of course!

     I headed for the makeup counter and began looking over the gemmy little samples of MAC eyeshadows. Then I tried something I don't usually do: I asked to try one of them on. For some reason I've never done this before, I think I used to be grossed out by the fact that they've usually been used at least once (when *do* they put out fresh new samples, anyway?). Also, I often felt like I'd be pressured into buying one, and then I'd be embarrassed if I didn't. 

"Sweet & Sour"
     I was pleasantly surprised to see that she didn't really pressure me at all, and not only did she put on the eyeshadow, she also complemented it with mascara, a little bit of black eyeliner, and a light coating of foundation. The results were very flattering without being over the top. The eyeshadow is $28, which unfortunately is out of my budget. I wish I could buy one, but right now I gotta save money for my family and maybe some small treat for myself. Maybe someday...you know, when I'm a famous writer/photographer/professor or something...unless someone would like to buy it for me? :)


     Anyway, it gave me that little extra bit of confidence that day when it came time for another round of door-knocking. It's almost silly, but it's amazing how much of a pick-me-up that was. The brushes she used were really high quality and soft, and somehow it feels different when someone else is putting on your makeup for you. (I couldn't help briefly thinking if men realized that trying on eyeshadow is a good way to have a decent looking lady pamper them for a few minutes, eyeshadow would really make a comeback for dudes.) There are plenty of days I go out with as much makeup as a 12 year old boy, but some days, a little war-paint can help with a mission, lol.

Oh, and one of the houses I knocked at had a young contractor working to refurbish it for the next owner/renter, and he actually crossed the street, (after I was finished with that side of the street), gave me his card and said "Normally I don't do this, but you're really cute, here's my card with my number if you ever want to call".




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured here? Lemme know! Rant or rave? Helpful suggestions? Just want to comment? Go for it!