Wednesday, August 22, 2012

8/21/2012 - An awesome day at work: Orchard St.

I may have to cover this day in more than one post.

First of all, I'll start with the first thing I discovered that day. An orchard street. There were little trees all along the sidewalk, and not the kind you can barely reach up to, little ones about 5' tall! The fruit was incredible though, and they are obviously well cared for by the community. There were mostly apple trees, with one plum tree that arcs over the sidewalk. One tree had apples the size of my fist. And those plums - they were amazing. I tried two of them and had to stop myself from picking more. Even slightly green, they were quite juicy and sweet. Many of the apples were covered with Peds (pantyhose socks), as an organic way of keeping the worms and bugs off them. In my "areas I've covered" notes, I call this place "Fruit Street".










Small but mighty in flavor!

Fist shown for size comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured here? Lemme know! Rant or rave? Helpful suggestions? Just want to comment? Go for it!